I’ve lived in the South and East Bays (California), Shanghai & Suzhou (China), Exeter (New Hampshire), Champaign (Illinois), and now Princeton (New Jersey)! In general, I have benefited greatly from the advice of friends and acquaintances alike. If you have questions on graduate school that you think I might be able to help answer, write me an email.
Education & Fellowships
Generously supported by the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF GRFP).
Genetics Society of America: Presidential Membership Initiative (2022).
- M.S. Program in Evolution, Ecology and Conservation from The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Exp. 2022)
- B.A. Computer Science from University of California, Berkeley 2020
- H.S.D. Phillips Exeter Academy 2016
In undergrad, I was involved in Model United Nations (UCBMUN) and I volunteered with Berkeley ANova, which is a student organization that seeks to empower students by providing computer science education and mentorship to under-resourced schools and marginalized communities. I co-chaired the events committee that started their large-scale overnight hackathon for high school students in under-resourced communities for two years.
For all four years, I was also an avid participant in the Blockchain@Berkeley community, developing curriculum and teaching courses, mentoring other students and managing projects and doing technical ghost-writing and advising different start-ups. Sometimes I contribute to Bitcoin and do technical ghost-writing for various blockchain start-ups.
I also like to run. In the past, I’ve run the Golden Gate Half (Fall 2016), and the Bay Bridge Half (Spr 2019).
- Teaching Assistant [CS101: Intro Computing] Spr’ 21 – 700 students, Excellent TA Award
Teaching Assistant [CCB Bioinformatics Bootcamp] Aug’ 20 – 100 students.
Reader [CS162 Operating Systems and System Programming] Su’ 20 – 400 students
Teaching Assistant [CS170 Efficient Algorithms & Intractable Problems] Spr’ 19, Fa'19, Spr'20 – 1k+ students
Reader [CS170 Efficient Algorithms & Intractable Problems] Fa'18 – 1.5k+ students
Reader [CS70 Discrete Math & Probability] Fa'17, Spr'18, Su'18 – 1.5k+ students
Teaching Assistant [Blockchain Fundamentals] Fa'17 – 1k+ students
Course Administrator & Lecturer [Blockchain Fundamentals] Spr'18, Fa'18 – 200+ students, largest recorded student-run course @ Berkeley
Course Advisor [EdX Blockchain Fundamentals] Spr'18 – 170k+ students
Talks Given & Hackathons Won
- TiE Inflect Apr 2018 Blockchain Bootcamp: Lecturer & Panelist
- EthDenver Feb 2018: bountyful
- EthWaterloo Nov 2017: citEthzen
- CalHacks 4.0 Oct 2017: Echoless
- Treehacks March 2017: Homebound Google Machine Learning Prize
- Shield the Bay: winners of a booz allen foundation innovation fund grant
- Shield the Bay: featured by the ucb school of public health
- Projects and Privacy at ETHWaterloo: medium blogpost
- Sonic Hedgehogs: neuroscience blog
- She Hacks Alone: hackathon feature by huffpost
- National History Day Winner 2014: highschool
Other Interesting Experiences
That aren’t on my resume…
Technical Advisor [Berkeley Blockchain Accelerator] Fa'19
- Provided hands-on mentorship and technical expertise
- Generated entrepreneurship curriculum, hosted technical office hours
- Spr'17 Blockchain Supply Chain Proof of Concept for Airbus [Blockchain @ Berkeley]
- Su'17 Partnership with Iota [Blockchain @ Berkeley]
- Sp'18 - Fa'18 Independent Consulting Company [BlockSyda]
Legislative Intern [Office of Senator Maria Cantwell - D] Mar - June 2016
- Responsible for legislative memos
- Attending briefings, conferences and meetings on the senator’s behalf
- Constituent relations, as well as official tour guide
Volunteer English Teacher [Big Mountain Foundation] Jun - Sept 2013
- Lived on Dalan Mountain in rural China, staying with a host family
- Developed and taught English curriculum for the largest local school, for a summer class of 30 K-12 students
Efficient Algorithms & Intractable Problems (3 time 170 Teaching Assistant), Computational Biology (176)
Operating Systems (CS162), Computer Security (161), Computer Architecture (61C)
Artificial Intelligence (188), Machine Learning (189)
Probability & Random Processes (126), Advanced Linear Algebra (110)
Information Devices & Systems (16A), Discrete Math & Probability (70 Reader)
Organic Chemistry (CHEM3A), Intro Physics (8A)